Punjab Tour Packages : 8384066726
Punjab, popularly known as “The Land of Five Rivers”, is located in the northwestern part of India. This state ranks as the most fertile land and most ancient civilization in the world. Punjab is popular for its religious diversity, the picturesque landscape, elegant antiquity and famous religious sites that are the most important reasons to visit Punjab. As it lures numerous tourists every year. You will feel part of the antique world when you travel in depth of Punjab. Even a fortnight of span is not enough to cover all the major places in Punjab.
BEST TIME TO VISIT PUNJAB:
Punjab encounters three main seasons. Hot season from mid-April to the end of June which makes the state extremely hot and humid, trip to Punjab during this season is not at all advisable to the tourists. Rainy season from early July to the end of September, visiting at this season can be a good idea sometimes depending on the region being explored as certain locations receive heavy rainfall during the season and Cold season from early December to the end of February, Winter season the weather is pleasantly cold at the commencement of the winter season and drops down astonishingly during the peak season. It makes exploring the attractions an amazingly pleasant experience throughout the day without having to bear the burning heat or rainfall. So basically, the Best time to visit Punjab is from October to March, i.e, in winter and spring seasons in Punjab. Book your Punjab Tour Packages to experience beautiful places.
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE YOU TRAVEL TO PUNJAB:
- Carry your identity proof and tour documents printed in hand when you travel anywhere in Punjab or any part of India as you will need to show it in certain places.
- Do not eat the food of the stalls or from local places where hygiene is not seen and maintained as it can make you sick.
- Avoid drinking tap water if you do not want to upset your stomach and feel uneasy.
- Make sure you wear covered and decent clothes while you travel to pilgrimage sites or holy temples.
- When you are travelling make sure you carry necessary and some basic medicines or tablets for headache and cold, as you might catch a cold or feel like vomiting or feel uneasy.
- Take off your footwear wherever asked to and respect the culture and traditions as there are a lot of temples and holy places that demand to walk barefooted.
- Make sure you know all the guidelines of the tourist spot that you head to. At some places taking photos would not be allowed, eating and littering won’t be allowed, at some places danger signs would be there and so on so make sure you go through the guidelines and don’t commit any offense.
- Carry cash with you as in some remote areas, ATMs are not available and the locals-only accept cash payment.
- While you capture photographs, make sure you look in and around the place and do not perform stunts as there have been many cases where people have put their lives in danger to get those cool and awesome pictures.
- Do not forget to grab those Makki di Roti and Sarson ka Saag or The king of all Punjabi dishes – Butter Chicken.
- Langar – The Feast of Piety, is quite prominent in Punjab.
- Make sure you carry essential things such as sunscreen and moisturizing lotions, band-aids, woollen clothes and jackets, sunglasses, camera, comfortable shoes, snacks, etc.
BEST PLACES TO VISIT IN PUNJAB:
Amritsar: The moment you hear Amritsar stated, your mind will surely recall the famous attraction of land The Golden Temple. This ancient land is home to several shrines and places of ancient greatness. Few top places to visit in Amritsar include Golden Temple, Jallianwala Bagh, Durgiana Temple, Wagah Border, Maharaja Ranjit Singh Museum, Harike Wetland and Bird Sanctuary etc.
Chandigarh: It is known as “The City Beautiful”, as it is declared as the best-planned city in the country. It bestows as capital city to both Punjab and Haryana. Top places to visit in Chandigarh are The Rock Garden, Morni Hills, Shanti Kunj, Sarkaria Cactus Garden, Government Museum and Art Gallery, Chhatbir Zoo, etc.
Jalandhar: This land is famous for its rich history which is mentioned in the epic Mahabharata, it also has the most famous and religious significance sites. Best places to visit in Jalandhar include Tulsi Mandir, Wonderland Theme Park, Devi Talab Mandir, Shiv Mandir, Shaheed-E-Azam Sardar Bhagat Singh Museum, St. Mary’s Cathedral Church, etc.
Ludhiana: It is the largest city in Punjab. Best places to visit here are Tiger Zoo, Deer Park, Punjab Agricultural University Museum, Maharaja Ranjit Singh War Museum, Phillaur Fort, etc.
Patiala: Popularly known as “the City of Newspapers”. The city has some of the best architecture which comes from the glorious history of Rajput, Punjabi and Mughal culture. Best places to visit in Patiala include Qila Mubarak Complex, Moti Bagh Palace, Banur, Sheesh Mahal, Kali Temple, etc.
Bhatinda: It is the most ancient city of Punjab, few monuments date back to 3000 BC. Most popular places to visit in Bhatinda is Bhatinda Fort, Rose Garden, Bir Talab Zoo, Chetak Park, Lakhi Jungle, etc.
Some of the other top places to visit in Punjab are Pathankot, Kapurthala(Paris of Punjab), Mohali, Ropar, etc.
TOP THINGS TO DO IN PUNJAB:
Below is a list of top things to do in Punjab-
- When in Punjab, do as the Punjabis do. Ditch all the fancy restaurants and taste the real Punjabi food at Dhaba.
- Get Patriotic as you watch the lowering of the flag ceremony at Wagah Border.
- Relish holy water of the Golden Temple by taking a dip.
- Cherish the history of Amritsar at Jallianwala Bagh.
- Buy a Phulkari, which is fabric that relates Punjabi culture and put on a Punjabi jutti.
- Soak yourself in the serene sunset in Sukhna Lake in Chandigarh.
- Get away from the hubbub of the town, get calm and peace at the Garden Of Silence.
- Recall the rich history of Sikhism down the lane at Virasat-e-Khalsa, a Rs 350 crore worth museum.
- Patiala peg is a must-try thing in Punjab.
- Get amused by watching children performing Gatka(a Punjabi martial art), so smoothly at the Shaheedi Jor Mela at Fatehgarh Sahib.
- Taste the local food, try all types of parathas and do not miss the glass of “Thandi lassi“.
These were some of the top things to do in Punjab that you can enjoy in your Punjab tourism. Book your Punjab Tour Packages and experience the beauty of Punjab.
BOOK PUNJAB TOUR PACKAGES:
Punjab is a very charming state for tourism located in North India. If you are planning to spend your holidays in Punjab, then you should try our services. Wheelzonrent.in – Car Rental And Best Travel Services provider in India located in Delhi. We provide the incomparable Punjab Tour packages, Jalandhar Tour packages, Amritsar Tour packages and Golden Temple Tour packages at modest price. You can come to us, we will surely make your trip memorable.