Badrinath Dham Yatra 2021 – 8384066726
Located between the two mountains Nar and Narayan, Badrinath Dham is a majestic sight as well as the the most important of all the Char Dhams. Lakhs of tourist come every year to this sacred Badrinath town to seek blessings and to get a glimpse of the famous temple of Shri Badrinathji.
Badrinath is the only Shrine which is part of both Chota Char Dham and India Char Dham. Badrinath is one among four pilgrimage centres in four corners of India. Among them were Badrikashram (Badrinath Temple) in the North, Rameshwaram in South, Dwarkapuri in west and Jagannathpuri in east.
Bhagvat Puran Describes: There in Badrikashram the Supreme being (Vishnu), in his incarnation as the sages Nar & Narayan, had been undergoing great penance since time immemorial for the welfare of all living entities.
Inside Badrinath Temple
The main entrance gate of Badrinath temple is colourful & imposing popularly known as Singhdwar. The temple is approximately 50 feet tall with a small cupola on top, covered with a gold gilt roof. The Badrinath temple is divided into three parts – the ‘Garbha Griha’ or the sanctum sanctorum, the ‘Darshan Mandap’ where the rituals are conducted and the ‘Sabha Mandap’ where devotees assemble.
At the Badrinath Mandir Gate, directly opposite the main Idol of the Lord himself, is seated the idol of Bird Garud, the vehicle of Lord Badrinarayan, sitting in prayer with his hands folded. The walls and pillars of the mandapa are covered with intricate carvings.
- The Garbha Griha portion has its canopy covered with a sheet of gold offered and houses Lord Badari Narayan, Kuber (God of wealth), Narad rishi, Udhava, Nar & Narayan. The complex has 15 idols especially attractive is the one-metre high image of lord Badrinath, finely sculpted in black stone.According to legend Shankara discovered a black stone image of Lord Badrinarayan made of Saligram stone in the Alaknanda River. He originally enshrined it in a cave near the Tapt Kund hot springs. In the sixteenth century, the King of Garhwal moved the murti to the present temple. It represents Lord Vishnu seated in a meditative pose called padmasan.
- Darshan Mandap: Lord Badari Narayan is armed with Conch and Chakra in two arms in a lifted posture and two arms rested in Yogic Pose. Badarinarayan is seen under the Badari tree, flanked by Kuber and Garuda, Narad, Narayan and Nar. As you look, standing to the right side of Badrinarayana is Uddhava. To the far right side are Nara and Narayana. Narada Muni is kneeling in front on the right side and is difficult to see. On the left side are Kubera-the god of wealth, and a silver Ganesh. Garuda is kneeling in front, to the left of Badrinarayana.
- Sabha Mandap: It is a place in the Temple complex where devotees and pilgrims assemble.
Pooja Performed in Badrinath Temple
Special pujas (online too) are performed on behalf of devotees. Every puja must be preceded by a holy dip in the Tapta Kund. Some of the morning pujas are – Mahabhishek, Adhishek, Gitapath and Bhagwat Path, while the evening pujas are Geet Govind and Aarti. Special booking of Badrinath pujas can be done at Badrinath Mandir Committee by paying some fees. The procedures of daily pujas and rituals are supposed to have been prescribed by Adi Shankracharya. Unlike most Hindu temples, all the pujas (including the decoration of idols) are performed in the presence of the devotees.
Aarti Timings in Badrinath: The daily rituals at the Badrivishal temple start very early, around 4.30 am with maha abhishek and abhishek puja, and end at around 8.30 -9 pm with the shayan aarti. The temple opens for darshan for the general public around 7-8 am and there is an afternoon recess between 1-4 pm. The Rawal of the temple performs the rituals.
Badrinath Temple Opening and Closing Time
The Badrinath temple opens at 0430 hrs & closes at 1300 hrs. Once again it opens at 1600 hrs & closes at 2100 hrs after the divine song Geet Govind.
Badrinath Temple General Information
- Administrator – Pujari of the temple named as Rawal Ji is well versed in puja ceremonials & Sanskrit language and must belong to a kerala Brahmin family.
- Photography is strictly prohibited inside the temple.
Badrinath Tour Packages
Badrinath is a holy temple for the peoples of the Hindu religion, and it is the only temple which comes under the both Char Dham of India which are (“Chota Char Dham of Uttarakhand and Char Dham”). It is situated in the Chamoli district of Uttarakhand state. Badrinath tour package gives you a chance to enjoy your holidays with your loved ones in one of the best places which also has some religious values.
Badrinath Weather Forecast
Due to high altitude location, Badrinath Dham gets covered with thick layers of snow in the winter season. The temples get closed during this time of the year. You can check here for Chardham Opening & Closing Dates and Check the detailed information about the Badrinath weather report.
Badrinath in Summers
March to June are very pleasant with moderate climate, with average around 18°C. Summers is ideal for all sight seeing and pilgrimage.
Badrinath in Monsoons
July to mid-September are accompanied with scanty rains and also temperature drops down to 15°C. The region is prone to occasional landslides and travelling can be difficult.
Badrinath in Winters
November to April are chilly days with average minimum touching near 5°C. Minimum can touch sub zero levels and snow falling seen very often during winters. Badrinath temple is closed during winters for 6 months.
Latest Badrinath Tours & Travel Packages for 2021. You can select the best suitable Badrinath Tour package for yourself and contact us for advance bookings – 8384066726.
Note: The Badrinath package price or Badrinath trip cost, duration, number of nights and schedule are subject to change without prior notice.
Best Hotels in Badrinath
In the table below, the best budget Badrinath hotels are listed and segregated according to different price ranges. So, you can choose & book a hotel according to the price range that suits you and enjoy the delightful environs of Badrinath.
- Hotel Under ₹500-₹1000
- GMVN Badrinath Tourist Rest House
- GMVN Tourist Bungalow Devlok Badrinath
- Hotel Patliputra
- Jagirdar Guest House
- SS International
- Hotel Under ₹1000-₹2000
- Hotel Dwarikesh
- Bhajan Ashram
- GMVN Badrinath Tourist Bungalow Devlok
- Hotel Under ₹2000 & above
- New Hotel Snow Crest
- Hotel Narayan Palace
- Hotel Sarovar Portico
- Badri Villa Resort
- Narayan Palace
- Badri Retreat